When I say “mylk” I mean dairy free ‘milk’ but I like to spell it with a ‘y’ to differentiate it from its dairy cousins.
This could mean almond, coconut, rice, hemp, soy, hazelnut, cashew… any combination of these or so many others you could make. When you make your own mylk the options are almost limitless!
Do you want to know how to make it yourself?
Why Make Your Own Mylk?
Here are some great reasons to make it yourself:
- It’s free of preservatives, sugars, colours and thickeners or gums (like the controversial carrageenan).
- It’s less expensive than buying it!
- You can be super-creative and make all kinds of variations.
- You can make sure you are using ingredients that you tolerate.
- You can easily rotate which mylks you use to ensure you don’t develop more sensitivities.
If you want to learn more about dairy allergy versus lactose intolerance, check out my post about it here.
Watch my video below to learn how to make a version of hemp-coconut mylk and click the image below that to print the recipe!
How To Make Your Own Mylk
Click the image to download/print the recipe: